每日一句 Daily English

2008年7月15日星期二

2008年7月15日 8B P8-9 Unit1 Reading

Millie: How well do you know Sunshine Town,Mr Chen?
Mr Chen: I know the place very well.I moved here with my family when I was two years old and have lived here since then.
Millie: Have you ever moved house?
Mr Chen: Yes.I first lived near Sunshine River in the southern part of town with my parents.We lived together till 1965,when I got married.Then,my wife and I moved to another flat in the centre of town.We moved again last year when my children bought us a new flat.
Millie: Has Sunshine Town changed a lot over the years?
Mr Chen: Yes,it has changed a lot!In the past,30,000 people lived in the town.We had some small restaurants,shops and market stalls.We also had a small post office and an old cinema in the town centre.Now,the government has turned the place into a park,and we have a large shopping mall and a theatre too.
Millie: Do you often meet your old friends?
Mr Chen: Yes.We often meet at weekends.We like to meet in the new park to play cards and Chinese chess.It's very pleasant.
Millie: There once was a shoe factory near Sunshine River.Was water pollution(u.n.) a problem before?
Mr Chen Yes.The pollution was terrible then because the factory used to dump its waste into the river.The poison in the waste killed fish and plants and polluted the river.Later,the government realized it was a very serious problem and took action to reduce the pollution.Now the river is much cleaner.
Millie: Do you think life is better now than before?
Mr Chen: Well,in some ways it is.It's nice to have open space and pretty gardens.However,it has become more difficult to see some of my old friends.They have moved to other areas in Beijing,and I feel a bit lonely from time to time.Sometimes they come back to see me,and that makes me very happy.

没有评论: